All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracks the ways in which innovative systemic practitioners are creatively reassembling the clinical and intellectual lineaments of psychodynamic and systems thinking in their work. This collection as a whole reflects some of the deepest ideals and practices of both traditions at their best such as holding complexity, and tolerating contradiction.
- Author BiographyCarmel Flaskas is a social worker and family therapist, and Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences and International Studies, University of New South Wales, Sydney, where she convenes the Master of Couple and Family Therapy program. She has published a number of books and articles on the therapeutic relationship, on psychoanalytic ideas in the systemic context, and on knowledge in family therapy. In 2006, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the Tavistock Clinic in conjunction with the University of East London for her contributions to systemic psychotherapy, and in 2005 she received the ANZJFT award for Distinguished Contributions to Australian Family Therapy David Pocock is Head of Family Therapy at the Child and Family Consultation Service in Swindon, UK, and a visiting lecturer to the Bristol University Diploma /M.Sc. Family Therapy training. He is a current assessor for the Journal of Family Therapy and past member of the Editorial Board and previous moderator for the AFT/JFT internet discussion forum. He is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist in independent practice and a member of the Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy where he currently chairs the Study Day Group. His published work ranges across systems theory, psychoanalysis, and the philosophical underpinnings of psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Carmel Flaskas,David Pocock
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Systemic Thinking and Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.