All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.79Trending at £12.03
- £6.27Trending at £7.75
- £7.26Trending at £8.13
- £8.77Trending at £9.31
- £4.99Trending at £6.32
- £12.49Trending at £13.17
- £7.12Trending at £8.79
About this product
- DescriptionTam o' Shanter is widely regarded as Robert Burns' masterpiece. This magnificent edition of the poem features the work of Alexander Goudie, one of Scotland's greatest 20th century artists, who was inspired by the poem to produce some of his most powerful and imaginative paintings, which capture all the menace and comedy of Burn's poem.
- Author BiographyAlexander Goudie (1933 - 2004) is widely acclaimed as having been one of Scotland's finest figurative painters. He studied at the Glasgow School of Art and taught there for many years before dedicating himself to his own studio work. As a portraitist his sitters included Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord, Billy Connolly and a host of other figures drawn from the worlds of politics, commerce and entertainment.
- Author(s)Robert Burns
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Weight975 g
- Width280 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alexander Goudie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.