All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBody art or eyesore, tattoos provide fertile ground for philosophical discussion Whether seen as a celebration of individuality or as a conversation piece, tattoos raise intriguing philosophical questions, from aesthetics to feminism, from semiotics to the philosophy of the person.
- Author BiographyRobert Arp is a philosopher and ontologist who has taught at numerous colleges and universities. He is the author of Scenario Visualization: An Evolutionary Account of Creative Problem Solving (2008) and a co-author of Critical Thinking: An Introduction to Reasoning Well (2011), What s Good on TV: Understanding Ethics through Television (Wiley-Blackwell, 2011), and Philosophy DeMYSTiFieD (2011); in addition, he is editor of South Park and Philosophy: You Know, I Learned Something Today (Wiley-Blackwell, 2006). Series Editor Fritz Allhoff is an associate professor in the philosophy department at Western Michigan University, as well as a senior research fellow at the Australian National University s Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics. In addition to editing the Philosophy for Everyone series, he is also the volume editor or co-editor for several titles, including Wine and Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell, 2007), Whiskey and Philosophy (with Marcus P. Adams, Wiley, 2009), and Food and Philosophy (with Dave Monroe, Wiley-Blackwell, 2007). His academic research interests engage various facets of applied ethics, ethical theory, and the history and philosophy of science.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- Series TitlePhilosophy for Everyone
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight418 g
- Width162 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRobert Arp
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.