All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide describes the stage-by-stage development of a new method for predicting the penetration rate (PR) and the advance rate (AR) for tunnel boring machines based on an expanded version of the Q-value, Qtbm.
- Author BiographyNick Barton has over 40 years of international experience in rock engineering, and has been involved in numerous important and iconic tunnel, cavern and rock slope projects. He has developed many tools and methods, such as the widely used Q-system, for rock classification and support selection and the Barton-Bandis constitutive laws for rock joint computer modeling. He currently teaches at the University of Sao Paulo and manages an international consultancy (Nick Barton & Associates, Sao Paulo - Oslo). Dr. Nick Barton was the 2011 recipient of the distinguished Muller Award, an award that honours the memory of Professor Leopold Muller, the founder of the ISRM (International Society of Rock Mechanics), and awarded in recognition of distinguished contributions to the profession of rock mechanics and rock engineering.
- Author(s)N.R. Barton
- PublisherA A Balkema Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationRotterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintA A Balkema Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.78Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.