All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNarratives are fundamental to our lives: we dream, plan, complain, endorse, entertain, teach, learn, and reminisce through telling stories. This title illustrates how narratives build bridges among language, identity, interaction, society, and culture.
- Author BiographyDeborah Schiffrin is a professor in the Department of Linguistics at Georgetown University. She is the author of In Other Words: Variation in Reference and Narrative. Anna De Fina is an associate professor in the Department of Italian at Georgetown University. She is the author of Identity in Narrative: A Study of Immigrant Discourse. Anastasia Nylund is a PhD candidate in the Department of Linguistics at Georgetown University.
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2010
- Series TitleGeorgetown University Round Table on Languages & Linguistics Series
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAnastasia Nylund,Anna de Fina,Deborah Schiffrin
Best selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.65Trending at £18.05
- £27.89Trending at £29.41
- £8.58Trending at £8.73
- £17.52Trending at £18.12
- £16.80Trending at £17.85
- £7.26Trending at £7.99
- £6.18Trending at £7.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.