All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking at ten books that shaped the modern British Empire, the contributors examine imperial classics, anticolonial blockbusters, and a range of pamphlets, assessing the effects of each one on key aspects of imperial history.
- Author BiographyAntoinette Burton is Professor of History and Catherine C. and Bruce A. Bastian Professor of Global and Transnational Studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She has written and edited many books, most recently, The First Anglo-Afghan Wars: A Reader, A Primer for Teaching World History: Ten Design Principles, and Empire in Question: Reading, Writing, and Teaching British Imperialism, all published by Duke University Press. Isabel Hofmeyr is Professor of African Literature at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg and Visiting Distinguished Global Professor at New York University. Her prize-winning books include Gandhi's Printing Press: Experiments in Slow Reading, 'We Spend Our Years as a Tale That is Told': Oral Historical Storytelling in a South African Chiefdom, and The Portable Bunyan: A Transnational History of The Pilgrim's Progress.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note1 illustration
- Weight536 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAntoinette Burton,Isabel Hofmeyr
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.51
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £10.16Trending at £14.46
- £9.48Trending at £10.20
- £11.45Trending at £16.99
- £12.01Trending at £12.98
- £5.80Trending at £8.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.