All listings for this product
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £20.73Trending at £21.18
- £7.45Trending at £7.75
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £36.27Trending at £36.93
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
- £10.62Trending at £11.54
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the work of artist and singer-songwriter Terry Allen, who creates works that proliferate into a constellation of genres as he revisits and revises his original inspirations. Highlighting an equally important part of the artist's oeuvre, this title provides an insightful discussion of Allen's music.
- Author BiographyTERRY ALLEN is a visual artist and songwriter who has received numerous awards and honors, including Guggenheim and National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and induction into the Buddy Holly Walk of Fame. His art has been shown throughout the United States and Europe and is represented in major private and public collections, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the Museum of Contemporary Art (MoCA) in Los Angeles. He has also recorded twelve albums of original music, including the classics Juarez and Lubbock (On Everything). MARCIA TUCKER was a highly regarded curator of contemporary art, as well as a freelance art critic, writer, and lecturer. She was the Founder and Director of the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City and was series editor of Documentary Sources in Contemporary Art, five anthologies of history and criticism. Best known for his long-running column, Letters at 3 A.M., MICHAEL VENTURA is a cultural critic who cofounded the LA Weekly and now writes for the Austin Chronicle. His latest book Cassavetes Directs, a memoir of John Cassavetes, was published in England in 2007.
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleM. Georgia Hegarty Dunkerley Contemporary Art Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note335 color and b&w images
- Weight2098 g
- Width259 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Artist(s)Terry Allen
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.