All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA historical examination of tension and conflict on the Texas-Mexico border, told from the Mexican perspective, that's especially relevant today.
- Author BiographyCarmen Boullosa is one of Mexico's leading novelists, poets, and playwrights. She has published over a dozen novels, two of which were designated the Best Novel Published in Mexico by the prestigious magazine Reforma. Her second novel, Antes won the renowned Xavier Villarutia Prize for Best Mexican Novel. Her novel La otra mano de Lepanto was also selected as one of the Top 100 Novels Published in Spanish in the past 25 years. Boullosa has received numerous prizes and honors, including a Guggenheim fellowship. Also a poet and playwright, she is a Distinguished Lecturer at City College of New York, and her books have been translated into Italian, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese, Chinese, and Russian. Samantha Schnee is the founding editor and chairman of the board of Words Without Borders. She has also been a senior editor with Zoetrope, and her translations have appeared in The Guardian, Granta, and The New York Times.
- Author(s)Carmen Boullosa
- PublisherDeep Vellum Publishing
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep Vellum Publishing
- Weight328 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated bySamantha Schnee
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £6.89
- £7.61Trending at £7.89
- £6.21Trending at £6.90
- £10.35Trending at £11.03
- £15.92Trending at £16.16
- £12.38Trending at £13.87
- £11.31Trending at £11.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.