All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
About this product
- DescriptionDealing with computer-based retrieval systems, this book covers the nature of information, how it is organized for use by a computer, how search functions are carried out, and the theory underlying these functions. It also discusses the interaction between user and system and how retrieved items, users, and complete systems are evaluated.
- Author BiographyCharles T. Meadow, professor emeritus, University of Toronto, and has been visiting professor at the Universities of North Carolina and the West Indies. He edited the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and the Canadian Journal of Information Science and was president of the Canadian Association for Information Science. Received Research Award and shared Annual Information Science Book Award from ASIS&T. Bert Boyce has been an Information System Research Analyst, for the Information Systems Office, at the Library of Congress, a faculty member and acting Dean of the School of Library and Information Science, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, and Dean of the School of Library and Information Science, Louisiana State University, where he is now Professor and Dean Emeritus. He is currently Editor of the Academic Press Library and Information Science Series. He received the ASIS&T Outstanding Information Science Teacher Award in 1989, and has shared the Annual Information Science Book Award from ASIS&T. Donald Kraft is professor at LSU and Distinguished Visiting Professor at the U.S. Air Force Academy. He is a fellow of IEEE and AAAS and editor of the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology He received the Research Award, Watson Davis Award, and shared the Annual Information Science Book Award from ASIS&T and the LSU Distinguished Faculty award. Carol Barry is associate professor in the School of Library and Information Science, Louisiana State University. She has received the Best JASIS Paper Award, 1995; the LSU Alumni Association Teaching Award, 1995; and the American Society for Information Science, Doctoral Forum Award, 1993. She is associate editor of JASIS&T, a Member of the Board of ASIS&T, and a member of the LSU Faculty Senate and its vice president in 2000-2001. She has authored or co-authored over 30 research papers.
- Author(s)Bert R. Boyce,Carol Barry,Charles T. Meadow,Donald H. Kraft
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication19/12/2006
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleLibrary and Information Science Series
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.