All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book provides researchers strategic and practical guidance on using text mining methods to analyze large text collections more efficiently and productively.
- Author BiographyGabe Ignatow is an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of North Texas where he has taught since 2007. His research interests are in the areas of sociological theory, text mining and analysis methods, new media, and information policy. Gabe's current research involves working with computer scientists and statisticians to adapt text mining and topic modeling techniques for social science applications. Gabe has been working with mixed methods of text analysis since the 1990s, and has published this work in journals including Social Forces, Sociological Forum, Poetics, the Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour, and the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication. He is the author of over 30 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters and serves on the editorial boards of the journals Sociological Forum, the Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour, and Studies in Media and Communications. He has served as the UNT Department of Sociology's graduate program co-director and undergraduate program director and has been selected as a faculty fellow at the Center for Cultural Sociology at Yale University. He is also a co-founder and the CEO of GradTrek, a graduate degree search engine company. Rada Mihalcea is a professor of computer science and engineering at the University of Michigan. Her research interests are in computational linguistics, with a focus on lexical semantics, multilingual natural language processing, and computational social sciences. She serves or has served on the editorial boards of the following journals: Computational Linguistics, Language Resources and Evaluation, Natural Language Engineering, Research on Language and Computation, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, and Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics. She was a general chair for the Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL, 2015) and a program cochair for the Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (2011) and the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (2009). She is the recipient of a National Science Foundation CAREER award (2008) and a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (2009). In 2013, she was made an honorary citizen of her hometown of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Author(s)Gabe Ignatow,Rada F. Mihalcea
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.