All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.14
- £4.41Trending at £4.74
- £8.94Trending at £9.22
- £10.64Trending at £11.59
- £14.54Trending at £15.15
- £23.93Trending at £24.59
- £14.88Trending at £15.33
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on mothers as subjects and as writers who produce autobiography, fiction, and poetry about maternity. This book examines the mother without child, with child, and in her multiple identities as grandmother, mother, and daughter. It also examines how authors use textual spaces to accept or challenge traditional conceptions of mothering.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Podnieks is an associate professor in the Department of English and the graduate program in Communication and Culture at Ryerson University. She teaches and researches in the fields of mothering, life writing, modernism, and popular/celebrity culture. She is the author of Daily Modernism: The Literary Diaries of Virginia Woolf, Antonia White, Elizabeth Smart, and AnaA-s Nin (2000) and the co-editor of Hayford Hall: Hangovers, Erotics, and Modernist Aesthetics (2005). Andrea O'Reilly is an Assistant Professor in the School of Women's Studies at York University.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDr. Andrea O'Reilly,Elizabeth Podnieks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.