All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Kamini Banga,Vijay Mahajan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/09/2005
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight346 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsAbout the Authors. Seeing Geeti. Preface: Do You Want to Be in This Market? Can You Afford Not to Be? Acknowledgments. 1. The Lands of Opportunity. The 86 Percent Opportunity Opportunities at Many Levels Characteristics of Emerging Markets and Opportunities They Create Finding Solutions The 86 Percent Solution Notes 2. Don't Build a Car When You Need a Bullock Cart. Designing for Six-Yard Saris Back to Basics Riding the Bullock Cart The 86 Percent Solution Notes 3. Aim for the Ricochet Economy. The Ricochet Economy Taking Aim More Bounce The 86 Percent Solution Notes 4. Connect Brands to the Market. Market-Stall Economies Brand Consciousness Strategies for Harnessing Local Brands Brands on the Run The 86 Percent Solution Notes 5. Think Young. A Fountain of Youth Strategies for the Youth Market Youth Leads to Growth The 86 Percent Solution Notes 6. Grow Big by Thinking Small. Inverted Pricing Small Homes Strategies for Thinking Small Small Wonders The 86 Percent Solution Notes 7. Bring Your Own Infrastructure. A Tale of Two Markets Regulatory and Financial Infrastructure Finding Opportunities in Infrastructure Overlapping Infrastructures The 86 Percent Solution Notes 8. Look for the Leapfrog. Leapfrog Strategies Beyond Appropriate Technology The 86 Percent Solution 9. Take the Market to the People. Complex Distribution Strategies for Taking the Market to the People Seeing Opportunities That Are Off the Grid The 86 Percent Solution 10. Develop with the Market. Strategies for Developing with the Market Four Paths Evolving Opportunities The 86 Percent Solution Notes Conclusion: An OpportunityNot to Be Missed. Appendix A: Complex Tapestry. Convergence of Civilizations Realizing the Gains Population Equals Profits Notes Index.
- Author BiographyThe 86 Percent SolutionHow to Succeed in the Biggest Market Opportunity of the Next 50 YearsAbout the Authors Vijay Mahajan, former dean of the Indian School of Business, holds the John P. Harbin Centennial Chair in Business at McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. He has received numerous lifetime achievement awards including the American Marketing Association (AMA) Charles Coolidge Parlin Award for visionary leadership in scientific marketing. The AMA also instituted the Vijay Mahajan Award in 2000 for career contributions to marketing strategy. Mahajan is author or editor of nine books. He is one of the world's most widely cited researchers in business and economics. He edited the Journal of Marketing Research, and has consulted with Fortune 500 companies and delivered executive development programs worldwide. Kamini Banga is an independent marketing consultant and managing director of Dimensions Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. Her clients have included Cadbury, Philips, Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, and many others. She has traveled extensively in Asia and Southeast Asia, conducting training programs on market research and consumer behavior. During a three-year stint in London, she worked with the Harris Research Center as a consultant on ethnic issues for companies including British Airways and the BBC. Banga writes and edits business articles for Economic Times, The Smart Manager, Business Today, and other leading Indian business publications, and is a non-executive director on several company boards. She is a graduate of the Indian Institute of Management, the premier institute for MBA education in India. A former resident of Mumbai, India, she now lives in London. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Best selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.95Trending at £21.04
- £8.36Trending at £9.07
- £2.80Trending at £4.58
- £11.71Trending at £13.59
- £14.55Trending at £15.12
- £12.77Trending at £13.46
- £8.22Trending at £8.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.