All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a compendium of the major cell surface adhesion molecules. This title features entries that allow the reader to quickly establish the main structure and functional features of each molecule and where to find information. It covers: alternative nomenclature, tissue distribution and regulation of expression; ligands; and more.
- Author BiographyClare Isacke received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry in Oxford, her D.Phil. in Oxford working with John Heath and Chris Graham on growth control and differentiation of embryonal carcinoma cells. She worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Salk Institute in La Jolla, California, with Tony Hunter and Ian Trowbridge on cell adhesion and tyrosine kinase receptors. She has been at Imperial College now for 10 years during which time the lab has been focussing on cell adhesion receptor. Isacke did a three-year stint in the Biochemistry Department at Imperial College setting up her own lab within the Colin Hopkins empire and then moved over to the Biology Department taking up a University-funded post. Michael Horton trained in Biochemistry, Medicine and Haematology at St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London before research training in Immunology at University College, London. He has held senior appointments at St. Bartholomew's Hospital and with the Imperial Cancer Research Fund. He is currently Professor of Medicine and Head of the Bone and Mineral Center, University College, London. His research interests focus on the cell and molecular biology of bone, with a special interest in cell adhesion receptors, and in the development of novel therapeutics for bone disease.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2000
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleFactsBook
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Volume editorClare Isacke,Michael A. Horton
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.