All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Aesthetic Brain takes readers on an exciting journey through the world of beauty, pleasure, and art. Using the latest advances in neuroscience and evolutionary psychology, Anjan Chatterjee investigates how aesthetic sensibilitiies are etched into our minds, explaining why artistic concerns feature centrally in our lives.
- Author BiographyAnjan Chatterjee, M.D., is Professor of Neurology, and a member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience and the Center for Neuroscience and Society at the University of Pennsylvania. He serves on the editorial boards of Empirical Studies of the Arts; Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology; Behavioural Neurology; Neuropsychology; Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience; European Neurology; The Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society; American Journal of Bioethics: Neuroscience; Brain Science; and Policy Studies in Ethics, Law, and Technology. In 2002, he was awarded the Norman Geschwind Prize in Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology by the American Academy of Neurology. He is President of the International Association of Empirical Aesthetics and President of the Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology Society.
- Author(s)Anjan Chatterjee
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.