All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a re-working of Shakespeare's Hamlet set in the Middle East. The setting of this version of the Hamlet story is a modern Middle-Eastern state whose old king has just died, to be replaced by his brother, a ruthless, westernised dictator who has married the old king's wife to legitimise his rule, and calls his regime a new democracy .
- Author BiographySulayman Al-Bassam is an Anglo-Kuwaiti writer and director based in London and Kuwait. His next play, The Mirror For Princes will be premiered at the Barbican in Spring 2006.
- Author(s)Graham Holderness,Sulayman Al-Bassam
- PublisherUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2006
- Language(s)English & Arabic
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationHatfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Content Noteb/w photographs
- Weight277 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Pagination176 pp
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.