All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBud Powell was not only one of the greatest bebop pianists of all time, he stands as one of the twentieth century's most dynamic and fiercely adventurous musical minds. His expansive musicianship, riveting performances, and inventive compositions expanded the bebop idiom and pushed jazz musicians of all stripes to higher standards of performance.
- Author BiographyGuthrie P. Ramsey, Jr., is the Edmund J. and Louise W. Kahn Term Professor of Music and Africana Studies at the University of Pennsylvania and author of the prize-winning Race Music: Black Cultures from Bebop to Hip-Hop (UC Press).
- Author(s)Guthrie P. Ramsey
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic of the African Diaspora
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 b/w photographs, 16 music examples
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £5.80Trending at £7.33
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.