All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionG.E. Rumphius was one of the great tropical naturalists of the 17th century. This work was published posthumously in Dutch in 1705. A classic text of natural history, it covers the gamut of organisms found in the seas surrounding Ambon, including crabs, shrimp, mussels and minerals.
- Author BiographyE. M. Beekman is professor of Germanic languages at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. A scholar of Dutch colonial literature, he is the author of two dozen books and a noted translator.
- Author(s)Georgious Everhardus Rumphius
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication24/05/1999
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note80 illustrations
- Weight1930 g
- Width190 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Translated byE.M. Beekman
- Volume editorE. M. Beekman
- Introduction byE.M. Beekman
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.