All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of the Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) Sourcebook is to survey the existing landscape and compile an authoritative document that assesses the current state of Type 1 Diabetes and guides the practicing diabetes professional in providing state-of-the-art T1D care --Provided by publisher.
- Author BiographyAnne L. Peters is the director of the USC Clinical Diabetes Program. Dr. Peters received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine before proceeding to Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, California, to perform her internship and residency in internal medicine. She completed an endocrinology fellowship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. She was in charge of the Comprehensive Diabetes Program at Cedars and then moved to UCLA, where she ran the Clinical Diabetes Program there. Because of an interest in working with the underserved, she subsequently moved to USC. Dr. Peters is involved in numerous professional organizations and activities, including the American Board of Internal Medicine (Endocrine Subspecialty Board), American College of Physicians, JDRF and the American Diabetes Association, among others. She is currently is a reviewer for Diabetes Care, JAMA and many other journals. She is a member of the ADA Publications Committee and as the Scientific Sessions Planning Committee. Lori M. Laffel is Chief of the Pediatric, Adolescent and Young Adult Section at the Joslin Clinic, and an Investigator in the Section on Genetics and Epidemiology at the Joslin Diabetes Center (Boston), as well as an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. She has been the Principal Investigator and Program Director of Joslin's NIH-funded postdoctoral fellowship and early career development training grants for pediatric endocrinologists entering the field of diabetes research. She is actively involved with the American Diabetes Association, as a member of the Boston Leadership Board, a recent past member of the National Board of Directors of the American Diabetes Association, the National Committee for Pediatric Guidelines, chair on the ADA's Working Group on Transitions in Care for Young Adults with Diabetes, and she is chair of the ADA's Youth Strategies Committee. She also has been a member of the Advisory Board of the International Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes. She is on the Clinical Advisory Committee for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Dr. Laffel received her medical degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine and her master's degree in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. She did her pediatric training at Children's Hospital and her fellowship training at Children's Hospital and Joslin. Jane L. Chiang graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and then did a pediatrics residency at the University of California, Los Angeles. She completed a fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at the University of California at San Francisco, where she studied transcription factors involved in beta cell development. She stayed at UCSF as a pediatric faculty member until 2005, when she joined Genentech where she played a key role in the development of novel type 1 diabetes therapeutics. She briefly joined the JDRF as Vice President of Clinical Development overseeing clinical development/medical affairs. Dr. Chiang's experience with diabetes research and leading complex projects has helped guide this unique collaborative project.
- PublisherAmerican Diabetes Association
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationVirginia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Diabetes Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1171 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAnne L. Peters,Lori M. Laffel
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.87Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.