All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the definitive window into key concepts that have formed the backdrop of our democracy: the nature of revolution, stewardship of power, liberty, and the ever-present danger of factions and tyranny.
- Author BiographyDan Sisson was born in Washington, DC, USA, and educated at St. John's College Prep in the city. Following his military service, he received his BA from California State University at Long Beach and his MA and PhD from the Claremont Graduate School and The Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions in Santa Barbara, where he was in residence for six years, USA. He has taught at colleges and universities from California to Alaska, been a politician- running for Congress in 1976, a journalist in Alaska, a writer for Field & Stream magazine, where for 13 years he described the many outdoor adventures he had with his son, Alan, in Oregon and Alaska, USA. He currently teaches at Eastern Washington University, USA as an adjunct in the Engineering Department and lives in the mountains of eastern Washington with his wife, Karen, in a near-full-sized replica (90 percent) of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello that he built himself. His forthcoming book, a work in history and political theory, is to be titled The First American Coup d'Etat. Thom Hartmann is the host of a nationally syndicated daily progressive talk radio program and an internationally syndicated daily TV program. More people listen daily to the Thom Hartmann Program than any other progressive talk show in the nation. Talkers Magazine named Thom Hartmann as the 8th most important talk show host in America, and the #1 most important progressive host, in their Heavy Hundred ranking. He is also a four-time Project Censored-award-winning, New York Times best-selling author. He is the author of over twenty books, including Screwed, Cracking the Code, Unequal Protection: The Rise of Corporate Dominance and the Theft of Human Rights, The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight: The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late, We the People: A Call to Take Back America, and What Would Jefferson Do?: A Return to Democracy.
- Author(s)Dan Sisson,Thom Hartmann
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.86Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.