All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers the first full account of the film society movement in Britain and its contribution to post-World War Two film culture. It brings to life a lost history of alternative film exhibition and challenges the general assumption that the study of film began with university courses on 'Film Studies'.
- Author BiographyRichard Lowell MacDonald is a lecturer in the Media and Communications department at Goldsmiths, University of London. His specific research interests include the history of cinema and visual culture, institutions of film criticism and pedagogy, the aesthetics of documentary and ethnographic film, and historic and contemporary modes of moving image exhibition beyond the cinema theatre.
- Author(s)Richard Lowell MacDonald
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleExeter Studies in Film History
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £8.75Trending at £11.63
- £37.99Trending at £38.45
- £9.18Trending at £9.28
- £13.98Trending at £14.62
- £11.58Trending at £12.52
- £6.89Trending at £10.84
- £5.14Trending at £5.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.