All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a collection of exquisite measured drawings, all made with ink and pencil on tracing paper documenting many interesting and often neglected buildings in Sri Lanka, this book features these, along with photographs and insightful text, to highlight a broad cross-section of buildings of many different types and from many periods and more.
- Author BiographyAn author, architect and professor of architecture, David Robson has a long history with the island of Sri Lanka. After studying at the Bartlett School of Architecture in University College London, David Robson was Senior Lecturer in the Colombo School of Architecture from 1969 to 1972. In the early 1980s he worked as a planning adviser on the Sri Lankan government's Hundred Thousand Houses Programme and was responsible for the masterplanning of the new town of Rampokunagama. He has written a number of books on low-cost aided self-help housing and housing for the elderly; a comprehensive monograph on Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa (2002), followed by two further books on Bawa; and a book on the life and Over the past two decades Anjalendran has established himself as one of Sri Lanka's leading architects. Born into a family of Jaffna Tamils and a student of the prolific and influential Geoffrey Bawa, Anjalendran's buildings are known for their simple directness, modern spirit, and acknowledgement of the rich vernacular traditions of Sri Lanka. His studio has provided all the detailed and varied drawings in this book.
- Author(s)C. Anjalendran,David Robson
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note800 colour illustrations
- Weight1800 g
- Width260 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £61.98
- £21.40Trending at £26.94
- £21.94Trending at £25.34
- £27.33Trending at £29.74
- £5.75Trending at £10.68
- £21.72Trending at £22.03
- £13.51Trending at £16.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.