The Arctic Whaling Journals of William Scoresby the Younger: The Voyages of 1811, 1812 and 1813: Volume 1: 11 March 1811-16 August 1813 by William Scoresby (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £64.98Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
- £14.00+ £2.75 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by gardiner1900
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first of three projected volumes of the unpublished journals kept by William Scoresby (1789-1857) of his voyages to the Arctic. It contains scientific records and social and religious comment as well as detailed descriptions of navigation and whaling.
- Author BiographyIan Jackson took part in the Canadian International Geophysical Year expedition to northern Ellesmere Island in 1957-58 and then taught at the London School of Economics and worked for the Canadian Government in Ottawa. He is a former Executive Director of Sigma Xi in New Haven, Connecticut, and is an Associate Fellow of Timothy Dwight College, Yale University. His publications include 'Letters from the 49th Parallel, 1857-1873' for the Champlain Society (Toronto, 2000).
- Author(s)William Scoresby
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2004
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleHakluyt Society Third Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 9 b&w illustrations and 5 maps
- Weight886 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byC. Ian Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.