Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book illuminates the origins, purposes, and features of portraiture----a method of inquiry that shares some of the features of other qualitative research methods such as ethnography, case study, and narrative----placing it within the larger discourse on social science inquiry and mapping it onto the broader terrain of qualitative research.
- Author BiographySARA LAWRENCE--LIGHTFOOT,a promminent sociologist and professor, of education at Harvard University, is the author of numerous books including The Good High School, Balm in Gilead, and I've Known Rivers. Winner of the prestigious MacArthur Prize, Lawrence--Lightfoot was recently awarded Harvard's George Ledlie Prize given for research that makes the most valuable contribution to science and that benefits mankind. She has been a Fellow at the Bunting Institute at Radcliffe College and at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University. JESSICA HOFFMANN DAVIS is the Director of Arts in Education Concentration and a lecturer on education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She was the principal investigator of several arts projects at Harvard Project Zero. Her numerous publications include The MUSE (Museums Uniting with Schools in Education) Book and The Co--Arts Assessment Handbook.
- Author(s)Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/1997
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width183 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.