All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.60
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the descriptions of the body in the Song of Songs as grotesque, alternative way of interpreting perplexing imagery and as a means to investigate the Song's politics of gender and love. This book addresses the problematic nature of the Song's body imagery by using the artistic and literary construct of the grotesque body as a heuristic.
- Author BiographyFiona C. Black is Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB, Canada. She has published a number of articles on the Song of Songs and in the areas of biblical and cultural studies.
- Author(s)Fiona C. Black
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/02/2009
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number392
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.