All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA major new account of the Battle of Jutland based on contemporary sources, examining the influence of technology, tactics and leadership.
- Author BiographyDr John Brooks read Natural and Electrical Sciences at St John's College, Cambridge, before pursuing an industrial career in computing and telecommunications. After the publication of his first historical paper on circular dividing engines in 1992, Dr Brooks joined the Department of War Studies at King's College London. His 2001 doctoral thesis was the basis of his book Dreadnought Gunnery and the Battle of Jutland: The Question of Fire Control (2005), which was the first work to challenge the then widely accepted views of 'revisionist' naval historians. Dr Brooks has also published articles on naval fire control, ordnance, policy and tactics, as well as articles for the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
- Author(s)John Brooks
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleCambridge Military Histories
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 1 map 143 tables
- Weight1080 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £16.96Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.