All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the Beethoven string quartets are to chamber music what the plays of Shakespeare are to drama, even seasoned concertgoers can welcome guidance with these personal and sometimes enigmatic works. This collection offers Beethoven lovers notes on the listening experience of each quartet and a range of general perspectives.
- Author BiographyRobert Winter is Professor of Music at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is author of Music for Our Time (1992) and co-author of The Beethoven Sketchbooks (California, 1985). Robert Martin is Assistant Dean of Humanities and Adjunct Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication08/12/1995
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note12 b&w photographs, 125 music examples
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRobert L. Martin,Robert Winter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £43.28Trending at £43.80
- £7.26Trending at £8.66
- £23.71Trending at £30.62
- £2.99Trending at £5.21
- £4.80Trending at £5.25
- £8.95Trending at £9.34
- £19.93Trending at £21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.