All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Beginner's Guide to Upholstery takes you gently by the hand and shows you the simple techniques you need to bring your love of fabric to upholstered items for the home. Not a dry, highly technical professional upholstery manual, this bright and accessible book presents 10 simple projects using modern methods.
- Author BiographyVicky Grubb is a textile specialist (aka fabric hoarder) and professional upholsterer who takes commissions and teaches beginner's workshops. Both herself, her vintage fabrics and her furniture have featured in magazines, including Homes and Antiques and Red. Vicky has undertaken a commission for singer Paloma Faith and has featured on high-traffic blogs such as True Up. Recently Vicky has been involved in the design side of creating furniture, working with joiners for high-profile clients including an architect working with John Lewis and dress designer Poppy England who is branching out into furniture. She lives in Bournemouth, UK. www.somethingfine.co.uk
- Author(s)Vicky Grubb
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note250
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- juliz7822 Sep, 2016by
I have done one of two basic projects in the past but having a step by step guide to refer to is reassuring and this book is very well laid out.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £3.48Trending at £3.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.