All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)John A. Behnke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/02/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsI * Introduction.- 1 The Ponce de Leon Trail Today.- II * Aging in Cells and their Molecules.- 2 Cell Aging: A Model System Approach.- 3 Is Limited Cell Proliferation the Clock That Times Aging?.- 4 Molecular Biology of Aging.- III * Aging in Plants and Lower Animals.- 5 Cellular and Metabolic Aspects of Senescence in Higher Plants.- 6 The Biological Significance of Death in Plants.- 7 Aging in Lower Animals.- IV * Aging in Humans and Other Mammals.- 8 Exercise and Aging.- 9 Diet and Nutrient Needs in Old Age.- 10 Nutritional Regulation of Longevity.- 11 Consequences of Alcohol and Other Drug Use in the Aged.- 12 Physical Changes of the Aging Brain.- 13 Aging and Immune function.- 14 Genes and Aging.- 15 The Dilemma of Aging Parents: Increased Risk of Genetically Abnormal Offspring.- V * Hormones and Aging.- 16 Endocrinology and Aging.- 17 Hormone Replacement in the Aged: Proceed with Care.- 18 Altered Biochemical Responsiveness and Hormone Receptor Changes during Aging.- 19 The Brain and Aging.- VI * Aging in Perspective.- 20 Evolutionary Biology of Senescence.- 21 The Origin, Evolution, Nature, and Causes of Aging.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.