Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling author Bonnie M. Davis provides strategies for teaching bi- and multiracial students and deepens readers' understanding of race, ethnicity, and the development of racial identities.
- Author BiographyConsulting Description Bonnie M. Davis, PhD, is a veteran teacher of more than forty years who is passionate about education. She taught in middle schools, high schools, universities, homeless shelters, and a men's prison. She holds a doctorate in English from St. Louis University and is the recipient of numerous awards, including Teacher of the Year in two public school districts, the Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, and the Anti-Defamation League's World of Difference Community Service Award. She has presented at numerous national conferences and currently works in school districts across the country. Dr. Davis' work centers on examining what we don't know we don't know about ourselves in order to more effectively teach students who don't look like us. Moving from self reflection to action, her books offer educators culturally responsive, standards-based instructional strategies that bridge culture, language, race, and ethnicity. Dr. Davis's publications include the How to Teach Students Who Don't Look Like You: Culturally Responsive Teaching Strategies(2012);How to Coach Teachers Who Don't Think Like You: Using Literacy Strategies to Coach Across Content Areas (2007); The Biracial and Multiracial Student Experience: A Journey to Racial Literacy(2009); and Creating Culturally Considerate Schools: Educating Without Bias (2012) with coauthor Kim L. Anderson. She is currently working on the Equity 101 Series with Curtin Linton, Executive Vice President of School Improvement Network.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byBonnie M. Davis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.