All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilosophy of education has established itself as a theoretically significant discipline. In this survey of a reinvigorated field, an international group of writers chart the development of the philosophy of education in the 20th century and point to questions for the future.
- Author BiographyNigel Blake teaches at the Open University, Paul Smeyers at the University of Leuven Belgium, Richard Smith at the University of Durham, and Paul Standish at the University of Dundee. They originally came together to explore their shared interest in postmodern issues and poststructualist theory in relation to education. Their first collaboration, Thinking Again: Education after Postmodernism (1998), laid the foundations for other projects, including Education in an Age of Nihilism (2000). They have since addressed the educational influence of the European Union, reform in higher education, issues of on-line education and of moral education in their joint projects.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight714 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byNigel P. Blake,Paul Smeyers,Paul Standish,Richard D. Smith,Richard Smith
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.