All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTracing the history of the book throughout the world from ancient times to the present day, this reference draws on the widely acclaimed Oxford Companion to the Book. It contains 51 articles from the Companion plus 3 new articles in one affordable volume. This is a treasure-trove for anyone wanting to learn more about the history of the book.
- Author BiographyMichael F. Suarez S.J. is Professor and Director of the Rare Book School at the University of Virginia. Formerly the J. A. Kavanaugh Professor of English at Fordham University in New York and Fellow and Tutor in English at Campion Hall, Oxford, he is co-editor of The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain, Volume 5, 1695-1830 (2009) and co-general editor of The Collected Works of Gerard Manley Hopkins, 8 vols (2006- ). H. R. Woudhuysen is Rector of Lincoln College, Oxford. He has edited The Penguin Book of Renaissance Verse (1992), with David Norbrook; Love's Labour's Lost (1998) and, with Katherine Duncan-Jones, Shakespeare's Poems (2007) for the Arden Shakespeare third series. His book Sir Philip Sidney and the Circulation of Manuscripts, 1558-1640 was published in 1996.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteOver 60
- Weight1424 g
- Width167 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byH. R. Woudhuysen,Michael F. Suarez
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.