All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Book of Anna is composed of narrative poems and prose diary entries written in the voice of Anna Ach Asher, a fictional Czech-German Jewish concentration camp survivor writing in mid-1950s Prague. The poems utilize the language and imagery of sacred Jewish texts-the Biblical story of Tamar, snatches of Talmudic disputation, the sensuous imagery
- Author BiographyJOY LADIN is on leave from Stern College of Yeshiva University, where she holds the David and Ruth Gottesman Chair in English. Joy s first book of poetry, Alternatives to History, was published by Sheep Meadow in 2003. Joy s poems and essays have appeared in many periodicals. She is currently finishing a new book of poetry and a study of American modernist poetics while writing a memoir called Inside Out: Confessions of a Woman Caught in the Act of Becoming.
- Author(s)J. Ladin
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.70Trending at £10.75
- £7.26Trending at £8.03
- £7.79Trending at £8.29
- £6.23Trending at £8.92
- £9.16Trending at £11.03
- £7.97Trending at £12.37
- £10.39Trending at £10.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.