Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the authors visited Borris House in 2006, the lace in the title was uncatalogued, unpublished, and almost completely unknown in Ireland. Mrs Tina Kavanagh, the custodian, was unsure of how best to proceed. Remaining family members knew only a little of the provenance and knowledge of the old techniques of the lace was lost.
- Author BiographyAnnette Meldrum is a keen embroiderer and lacemaker who has participated in Guild exhibitions and shows around Australia. She is a keen researcher and collector of old lace, has studied lace techniques in Australia, Italy, Greece, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and has a collection of lace and embroidery from around the world dating back to the sixteenth century. Annette is an experienced teacher who has taught embroidery and needle lace for the Lace Guild, Embroiderers' Guild and various Needlework Shops. She is currently employed as Informatics Faculty Librarian at the University of Wollongong Library. Marie Laurie describes herself as a lifelong embroiderer. Since discovering lace work in 1982 while on holiday in the United Kingdom, she has worked most needlepoint techniques, and is known as an experienced needlewoman, author, judge, speaker, successful national and international exhibitor and recognised tape lace specialist. Marie teaches Youghal, Carrickmacross, Limerick, Irish applique, Zele, Branscombe, Hollie point, Halas, Teneriffe, Gyor and Hoveji laces.
- Author(s)Annette Meldrum,Marie Laurie
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.