All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £8.99Trending at £16.99
- £14.98Trending at £15.99
- £16.99Trending at £18.12
- £29.15Trending at £31.10
- £6.02Trending at £11.46
- £2.68Trending at £3.23
- £4.24Trending at £4.67
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Sara Bolster loved the great shining horses that drew the Henkel brewery wagon through the streets of Detroit in the 1880s. Those horses came to signify her fate, for she married the Henkel son and later, as a widow, took over the business.
- Author BiographyMildred Walker, chronicler of the modern American West and New England, is gaining new admirers with Bison Books reprints of such novels as Winter Wheat and The Southwest Corner. David Budbill, now living in Vermont, grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, and remembers tales about the horse-drawn brewery wagons. His Judevine: The Complete Poems was chosen by Booklist as one of the best books of poems published in 1991.
- Author(s)Mildred Walker
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byDavid Budbill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.