All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining military and cultural history, the book explores British soldiers' travels and cross-cultural encounters in Spain and Portugal, 1808-1814. It is the story of how soldiers interacted with the local environment and culture, of their attitudes and behaviour towards the inhabitants, and how they wrote about all this in letters and memoirs.
- Author BiographyGavin Daly is Senior Lecturer in Modern European History at the University of Tasmania, Australia.
- PrizesRunner-up for Templer Medal 2014.
- Author(s)Gavin Daly
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleWar, Culture and Society, 1750-1850
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight530 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.50
- £17.50Trending at £34.94
- £7.81Trending at £8.86
- £14.58Trending at £21.02
- £14.24Trending at £14.66
- £10.50Trending at £14.49
- £9.85Trending at £10.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.