Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £10.88Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an introduction to the major religions of the ancient Mediterranean and explores current research regarding the similarities and differences among them.
- Author BiographyBarbette Stanley Spaeth is Associate Professor of Classical Studies and Co-Director of the Institute for Pilgrimage Studies at the College of William and Mary. Her specialty is Greek and Roman religion. She is author of The Roman Goddess (1996) and of articles in Daughters of Hecate: Women and Magic in the Ancient World (forthcoming), Rome and Religion: A Cross-Disciplinary Dialogue on the Imperial Cult (2011) and Sub Imagine Somni: Nighttime Phenomena in Greco-Roman Culture (2010). Her work has been published in American Journal of Archaeology, Hesperia, Historia and Classical World. Professor Spaeth has held fellowships at the American School of Classical Studies in Athens and the American Academy in Rome. She has received grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities, Loeb Classical Library Foundation, Center for Hellenic Studies and the Memoria Romana Project of the Max-Planck Society. She is co-founder and past president of the Society for Ancient Mediterranean Religions, as well as past president of the Alumni/ae Association of the American School of Classical Studies, Athens.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBarbette Stanley Spaeth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.