Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £7.26Trending at £8.01
- £6.27Trending at £7.63
- £8.77Trending at £9.17
- £6.42Trending at £6.67
- £3.49Trending at £6.89
- £7.76Trending at £9.29
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to the life and work of Herodotus, the first historian in the western tradition.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Dewald is Professor of History and Classics at Bard College, New York. She has written extensively on Herodotus, including the introduction and notes to Herodotus The Histories (translated by Robin Waterfield) (1998). Her other publications include Thucydides' War Narrative: A Structural Study (forthcoming). John Marincola is Professor of Classics at Florida State University. His previous publications include Authority and Tradition in Ancient Historiography (Cambridge University Press, 1997), Greek Historians (2001) and (with M. A. Flower) Herodotus: Histories Book IX (Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2006
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleCambridge Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCarolyn Dewald,John M. Marincola,John Wiens
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.