All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA definitive, transnational account of the military, political and cultural history of the First World War.
- Author BiographyJay Winter is Charles J. Stille Professor of History at Yale University. He came to Yale from Cambridge where he took his doctorate and where he taught history from 1979 to 2001 and was a Fellow of Pembroke College. He is the author of Sites of Memory, Sites of Mourning: The Great War in European Cultural History (1995); Remembering War (2006) and Dreams of Peace and Freedom (2006). In 1997, he received an Emmy award for the best documentary series of the year as co-producer and co-writer of 'The Great War and the Shaping of the Twentieth Century', an eight-hour series broadcast on PBS and the BBC, and shown subsequently in 28 countries. He is one of the founders of the Historial de la grande guerre, the international museum of the Great War, in Peronne, Somme, France. His biography of Rene Cassin, written with Antoine Prost, published by Fayard in French in 2011, will appear in an English edition in 2013, published by Cambridge University Press.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Cambridge History of the First World War
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 183 colour illus. 34 maps
- Weight4040 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine110 mm
- Edited byDr Jay Winter
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.69
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.