All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe relationship between the cultural Centre and cultural Margins has fascinated scholars for generations. Who, or what, determines what shall constitute the 'Centre' of a culture, its sacred and canonical forms and substance, and what the Margins?
- Author BiographyFrank O'Gorman is Emeritus Professor of Modern History at the University of Manchester, UK. He has published widely on the period of the long eighteenth century, with particular reference to political parties, political philosophy, parliamentary elections and electoral ritual. He is a past President of the British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies and still serves on its Executive Committee. He is at present engaged in preparing a second edition of his influential book, The Long Eighteenth Century: British Political and Social History. His next project will be a major work on popular political ritual in Britain during the long eighteenth century. Lia Guerra teaches English Literature at the University of Pavia, Italy. Her research interests cover the eighteenth century British production in prose, travel literature, Mary Shelley and James Joyce. She is a member of the Societa italiana di Studi Settecenteschi and of the Centro Interuniversitario di Studi Romantici.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrank O'Gorman,Lia Guerra
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.08Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.