All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA ceremonial manual for the celebration of the traditional liturgy according to the liturgical books in use in 1962. It covers ceremonies such as pontifical, solemn and low Mass, Vespers, Holy Week and the liturgical years, the sacraments, Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, funerals, episcopal visitation and more.
- Author BiographyAdrian Fortescue (1874-1923) was a Roman Catholic priest and Englishman who was an influential liturgist, artist, calligrapher, composer, polyglot, amateur photographer, Byzantine scholar, and adventurer. He has been described by Michael Davies as, 'the greatest authority on the liturgy of the Roman Rite the English speaking world has ever known'. Canon J.B.O'Connell (d. 1977). Ceremonial and rubrics were his life's work and on the death of Adrian Fortescue in 1923, he was asked to prepare the third edition of this book. Over the next forty years he prepared a further nine editions. Canon O'Connell was a secular priest of the Menevia Diocese. Dr Alcuin Reid is a former Benedictine monk. He is a leading liturgy scholar and the author of The Organic Development of the Liturgy.
- Author(s)Adrian Fortescue,Alcuin Reid,J.B. O'Connell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBurns & Oates Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement15th Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.