All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the cognitive research, this book provides a reasoned critique of modern consumer society, especially the assumption that freedom of choice necessarily maximizes individual and social well-being. It demonstrates the comparative studies of US and British market consumption, and of personal relations.
- Author BiographyAvner Offer is Chichele Professor of Economic History at the University of Oxford and Fellow of All Souls College. Prior to his academic career he spent eight years working as a soldier, farmer, and conservation worker in Israel, where he was born and raised. His other books include In Pursuit of the Quality of Life (1996), also published by Oxford University Press, and he has been researching the question of the quality of life in affluent societies since the early 1990s. He is also a Fellow of the British Academy.
- Author(s)Avner Offer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2006
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note30 figures and 23 tables
- Weight831 g
- Width165 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.