All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the Pentecostal and charismatic movements, tracing their development and their variety. This book shows how these movements of the Holy Spirit, both outside the mainline churches and as renewal currents within the churches, can be understood as mutually challenging and as complementary.
- Author BiographyPeter Hocken has been a leader and scholar within the charismatic movement since 1971. He was President of the Society for Pentecostal Studies 1985-6 and executive secretary from 1988-97. He has had regular involvement in the European Pentecostal Charismatic Research Association since 1984. Since 1996 he has been an executive member of the Toward Jerusalem Council II initiative of Messianic Jewish and Christian leaders, and since 2000 he has been a member of an informal international Catholic-Messianic Jewish dialogue with some senior Catholic participants. He was, also, a major contributor to the two Dictionaries of the Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements published in 1988 and 2002.
- Author(s)Peter Hocken
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleRoutledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 7 b&w illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byRevd Jeff Astley,Professor James A. Beckford,Mr. Richard Brummer,Professor Vincent Brummer,Professor Paul S. Fiddes,Professor T. J. Gorringe,Mr. Stanley J. Grenz,Mr. Richard Hutch,Dr. David Jasper
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.