All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThose who teach college students have extensive training in their disciplines, but unlike their counterparts at the high school or elementary school level, they often have surprisingly little instruction in the craft of teaching itself. This guide offers practical advice for various situations a new teacher might face.
- Author BiographyAlan Brinkley is the Allan Nevins Professor of History and former provost at Columbia University, where he received the Great Teacher Award. Esam El-Fakahany is professor of psychiatry, pharmacology, and neuroscience at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Betty Dessants is associate professor of history at Shippensburg University. Michael Flamm is professor of history at Ohio Wesleyan University. Charles B. Forcey, Jr., is a PhD candidate in modern American intellectual history at Columbia University. Mathew L. Ouellett is director of the Center for Teaching at the University of Massachussets Amherst. Eric Rothschild is a history teacher who retired in 1998 as chair of the social studies department at Scarsdale High School.
- Author(s)Alan Brinkley,Betty Dessants,Charles B. Forcey,Esam E. El-Fakahany,Jr.,Mathew L. Ouellett,Michael Flamm
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleChicago Guides to Academic Life
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.