All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1974 onwards, the Institute of Classical Archaeology at the University of Texas at Austin has carried out archaeological excavations in the ancient territory (chora) of Metaponto, now located in the modern province of Basilicata on the southern coast of Italy. This book describes the animal remains found throughout Metaponto.
- Author BiographySANDOR BOKONYI (1926-1994), an internationally renowned scholar, was one of the founders of modern archaeozoology after World War II. He worked especially in central and southeastern Europe and the Near East. He established the Archaeozoological Collections of the Hungarian National Museum and was employed subsequently by the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, serving as president of the Institute of Archaeology. ERIKA GAL received her Ph.D. in palaeontology in 2002. In addition to tertiary and quaternary palaeo-ornithology, she has subsequently specialized in the study of avian and mammalian bones, as well as bone artifacts from archaeological contexts. Currently she is based at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. LASZLO BARTOSIEWICZ is senior lecturer in zooarchaeology at the Institute of Archaeological Sciences of the Lorand Eotvos University in Budapest. He has been teaching the same subject area as reader in the School of History, Classics, and Archaeology at the University of Edinburgh since 2004. He was elected President of the International Council for Archaeozoology in 2006.
- Author(s)Erika Gal,Sandor Bokonyi
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Weight680 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Paginationxxii, 122
- Edited byLaszlo Bartosiewicz
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
- £7.83Trending at £8.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.