Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £9.26
- £13.86Trending at £14.07
- £41.00Trending at £49.82
- £8.19Trending at £11.94
- £22.99Trending at £25.42
- £20.64Trending at £21.87
- £17.46Trending at £19.73
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 19th-century paintings of fires raging through New York to scenes of Manhattan engulfed by a gigantic wave in the movie Deep Impact , images of the city's end have been diverse. This book investigates 2 centuries of imagined cataclysms visited upon New York, and offers a perspective to our understanding of the events of September 11, 2001.
- Author BiographyMax Page is professor of architecture and history, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He is a 2003 Guggenheim Fellow and author of The Creative Destruction of Manhattan, which received the 2001 Spiro Kostof Award of the Society of Architectural Historians. He lives in Amherst.
- Author(s)Max Page
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note137 black-&-white illustrations in text + 24 colour illustrations in insert
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.