All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Lincoln's Gettysburg address to a contemporary account of a visit from the Ku Klux Klan, this title contains a selection of writings and illustrations on the American Civil War. It reflects society and culture as well as the politics and key battles of the Civil War. It also includes introductions and study questions to aid understanding.
- Author BiographyLyde Cullen Sizer is Associate Professor of History at Sarah Lawrence College. She is the author of The Political Work of American Women Writers and the Civil War, 1850-1872 (2000). Jim Cullen teaches at the Ethical Culture Fieldston School in New York City. He is the author of The Civil War in Popular Culture: A Reusable Past (1995) and The American Dream: A Short History of an Idea that Shaped a Nation (2003), among other books. He is also the creator of a website, American History for Cynical Beginners: www.ecfs.org/projects/jcullen.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2004
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note2
- Weight934 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byJim Cullen,Lyde Cullen-Sizer
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.