All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Maggie Kuhn,Peter C. Belafsky
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/08/2014
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, 19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight369 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Radiation Safety.- 2. The Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study Technique and Protocol.- 3. The Videofluoroscopic Esophagram Technique and Protocol.- 4. Normal Oral and Pharyngeal Phase Fluoroscopy.- 5. Normal Pharyngoesophageal Segment Fluoroscopy.- 6. Normal Esophageal Fluoroscopy.- 7. Objective Measures on Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies.- 8. Fluoroscopy and Dysphagia Outcome Measures.- 9. Abnormal Oral and Pharyngeal Phase Fluoroscopy.- 10. Abnormal Pharyngoesophageal Segment Fluoroscopy.- 11. Abnormal Esophageal Fluoroscopy.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter Belafsky's primary clinical interests are the comprehensive diagnosis and management of voice, swallowing and airway disorders. As Medical Director of the Voice and Swallowing Center at UC Davis, Dr. Belafsky treats a wide array of laryngeal and esophageal disorders. These disorders include but are not limited to vocal fold paralysis and paresis, vocal fold dysfunction (VCD), laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), chronic cough and dysphagia caused by stroke, ALS, Zenker's diverticulum, esophageal motility disorders, Parkinson's disease and swallowing problems suffered as a consequence of the treatment of head and neck cancer. Dr. Belafsky has pioneered minimally invasive treatments of voice and swallowing disorders and his primary research focus is the development of an artificial swallowing mechanism. He has created a medical device that can manually control the upper esophageal sphincter and is working on a comprehensive swallow propulsion system.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £8.99Trending at £11.90
- £27.76Trending at £29.99
- £12.78Trending at £17.87
- £10.49Trending at £10.89
- £29.13Trending at £29.62
- £24.48Trending at £25.85
- £20.87Trending at £24.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.