All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether addressing the smothered desire of suburban housewives, the white-collar despair of Manhattan office workers or the heartbreak of a single mother with artistic pretensions, Richard Yates examines the hopes and disappointments of ordinary people with empathy and humour.
- Author BiographyRichard Yates was born in 1926 in New York and lived in California. His prize-winning stories began to appear in 1953 and his first novel, Revolutionary Road, was nominated for the National Book Award in 1961. He is the author of eight other works, including the novels A Good School, The Easter Parade, and Disturbing the Peace, and two collections of short stories, Eleven Kinds of Loneliness and Liars in Love. He died in 1992.
- Author(s)Richard Yates
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight350 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £14.80Trending at £20.08
- £11.36Trending at £13.47
- £6.09Trending at £9.97
- £6.96Trending at £9.03
- £7.44Trending at £9.03
- £6.04Trending at £7.02
- £5.80Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.