All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWolves and grandmothers, ugly sisters, a house made of bread, a goose made of gold. This is a collection of folk tales collected by the Grimm brothers.
- Author BiographyJacob Grimm (1785-1863) and Wilhelm Grimm (1786-1859) were born in Hanau, Germany. They published the first of their many collections of fairy tales in 1812. The story that they wandered about Germany collecting their tales from the lips of peasants is a fairy tale itself. In fact, they invited educated middle class women into their home to tell them the stories they had heard from their servants. The point of their collection of folklore was to study the German language and they also did important work on the German dictionary. The stories were revised to be more appropriate for children in 1819 and were published under the title Children's and Household Tales. By the beginning of the twentieth century Children's and Household Tales was second only to the Bible in the German bestseller lists.
- Author(s)Jack David Zipes,Jacob Grimm,The Brothers Grimm,Wilhelm Grimm
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight729 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £1.99Trending at £2.44
- £7.62Trending at £8.15
- £20.99Trending at £22.30
- £6.82Trending at £7.92
- £7.77Trending at £9.57
- £7.03Trending at £7.70
- £9.80Trending at £10.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.