All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSophocles was the dominant Athenian playwright of the fifth century BCE. This translation includes his best-known work, such as the Oedipus cycle ( Oedipus the King , Oedipus at Kolonos , and Antigone ), Elektra and the Women of Trakhis Philoktetes and Aias .
- Author BiographyRobert Bagg is the author of five books of poetry, including Madonna of the Cello, a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award. Prix de Rome, Guggenheim, Rockefeller, NEA, and NEH fellowships have supported his projects. Bagg's translations of Euripides and Sophocles have been staged in more than 60 productions worldwide. James Scully has published 11 books of poetry, and three book-length translations. His first book of poems, The Marches, won the Lamont Poetry Award from the Academy of American Poets. He has been the recipient of a Guggenheim fellowship and fellowships from the NEA and the Ingram Merrill Foundation.
- Author(s)James Scully,Robert Bagg,Sophocles
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2011
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £42.40
- £8.90Trending at £9.46
- £8.77Trending at £9.03
- £4.16Trending at £4.81
- £3.20Trending at £4.58
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £7.65Trending at £8.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.